Monday, March 28, 2011

The Big Tres-Tres!

Today, March 28th, is Dave's 33rd Birthday!  What I like to call the "tres-tres"!  For those of you that don't speak Spanish, that is "three-three" ... and for those of you that do speak Spanish, it is grammatically incorrect Spanish.  We had such a wonderful weekend celebrating the birth of this wonderful husband of mine!  I am truly blessed to have him in my life!!   


We started off the weekend with a date night at the Dallas Petroleum Club overlooking the city of Dallas at sunset ... one of my favorite views!!  I forgot the candles I was going to secretly give to the waiter (of course), but thankfully they were prepared.  Jose saved the day!!  The pianist even played "Happy Birthday" on the piano and sang to Dave.  I think I enjoyed it more than he did!  


We spent Saturday cooking and finishing up some last minute cleaning to get ready for our families to come over to our apartment for some laid-back birthday fun.  I love entertaining, but we are on a budget, so here are some little decorations I made for the party.  

Photobucket

Thanks to my mom for helping me with the brisket recipe (I think I only called her like 5 times) ... we had a wonderful dinner!!  Of course, no birthday party is complete with out a cake.  I am still singing the song in my head!  "Ice cream and cake ... Do the ice cream and cake!"  And yes, we did do the ice cream and cake ... a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake!  Yummy!!

Photobucket

Let me tell you about some of my favorite things about my husband, Dave!  These are often things that I take for granted all too often.  He is a Christian man that follows after the Lord and strives to provide for our family.  I can't tell you how thankful I am to have a husband that will take aside a Wednesday night to join me at ReEngage to strengthen our marriage.  A husband who wakes up (and wakes me up) every morning to pray with me.  A man that started saving and investing money for our future, future children, and retirement before he even met me!  AMAZING!!

Photobucket


And then there is Dave's sense of humor.  I know I have mentioned this before, and it probably sounds insignificant.  For us, we can just connect through being ourselves and acting silly together.  


For example this week, we had a "Candy Connection."  We spent three evenings in a row talking about our favorite and least favorite candies/candy bars.  We had to rate our Top Five and Bottom Five.  We laid in bed and tried to name all of the candies we could come up with.  You wouldn't believe how many types of candy there are in world!!  No wonder we have an obesity problem!  Another night we did an internet search together!  We were shocked with what some of these searches came up with ... they don't know what they are talking about!  Have they even tasted these candies??  For the whole week, I kept thinking about Dave every time I passed a candy aisle or when I would checkout at the store.  I was trying to think of more candy to continue our conversation!  Silly, I know, but somehow it drew us together!  We just had fun with it!


What is your "Candy Connection" with your spouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment