Our church, Watermark Community Church, encouraged married couples to take a Saturday night out for a "Date Night Done Right." In the busyness of life, it is so easy to forget why we fell in love and forget the joy that was designed for marriage. We were instructed to go to the church parking lot, pick up our Date Night Kits, and simply spend an evening dating each other. Instructions would be provided to help have a WOW date!
|Picking up our kits ... WOW!|
"So they are no longer two, but one.
Therefore what God has joined together,
let man not separate."
"What causes fights and quarrels among you?
Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?"
The Date Night Kits were full of goodies, including a question/conversation guide, coupons, and candy. Yes, it was all free, and who doesn't love free stuff? Along with the guide, we had a challenge to total up how many times we could use the word "wow" throughout the night. Well, we like to take things to the next level, so we used some creativity and created a pictorial diary of our night, with some "WOW" pictures!
|WOW!! Great stuff .. thanks Watermark!!|
We headed south on I-75 and hit some traffic, but that's okay because we had our cute picture on the dash and our conversation guide in hand!
|WOW! Now that's a cute couple!|
|Wow-wow-wee-wow ... that was delicious!|
|Check please! Wow, he did a great job!|
|WOW! That's a lot of calories!|
|Wow! Candy! Yummm!|
Even Rambo wanted to participate!
|WOW! Gotta keep date nights alive in marriage!|
- When we were dating, I tried to get you to say 'Wow' by ...
- When we dated, the thing about you that made me say 'Wow' was ...
- Something funny that only you know about me or that I only know about you is ...
- Something I don't say "thank you" for nearly enough is ...
- What about this restaurant makes you say, 'Wow'?
- What's the hardest we have ever laughed in our marriage/relationship?
- Your favorite way to waste time with your spouse.
- An embarrassing moment in my life that I have never shared with you was when I ...
- For Parents: The thing about you as a parent that makes me say, 'Wow!' is the way you ...
- I understand more about Jesus because of the way you ...
- I am more like Christ today because of the way you ...
- Share a passage of scripture you read recently and why it was encouraging or challenging to you.
- Something new you learned about your spouse ...
- The most encouraging thing you said to me tonight ...
We ended this WOW date night with a kiss, as instructed, only a little different than most! :-) It took us several tries to get this picture just right ... and we enjoyed every bit of it!
|WOW ... we had fun making this picture!|
|No caption needed! WOW!|