Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Time to Laugh ...

It's Thursday morning.  Most of us are having to drag ourselves out of bed by this time in the week, just trying to make it through Friday and to try to get some rest on the weekend.  I thought that we might need something light hearted today to help us get to the weekend.  


I love that laughter is Biblical!  Solomon writes that there is a time for everything: 


"a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,"
Ecclesiastes 3:4

Laughter has been proven to be a wonderful stress reliever.  They say it is the "best medicine."  I'm not sure who "they" are, but I know I feel a lot better when I am laughing then when I am down in the dumps.  Jesus can turn even our worst times of sadness to joy if we are faithful and allow Him to do so.  


"Our mouths were filled with laughter,
our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations, 
The Lord has done great things for them."
Psalm 126:2

I like to look for the little things random things around me in life that make me smile.  You never know where you are going to find them.  I am not a photographer, mind you!  But with technology, I am able to take pictures of these moments with my handy iPhone.  Who knew someday I would be able to use them to bring a smile to your face (hopefully).  

Someone decided to make my car more aPEELing! 
  
Happy Lego Family

Best HUGGIES ad I've ever seen!  
Isn't this the cutest banana?
A bird in the hand is worth ...
I hope at least one of those made you smile or giggle!  If not, at least tomorrow is Friday!  :-)  Open your eyes ... you never know what's around you.  And don't forget to laugh at yourself and laugh at life a little.  It will make each day a little bit easier!  Remember, the Bible says there is a time to laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment